Thursday, July 31, 2008

my mom thinks i'm funny

I'm sitting here...still...as the day has turned in to night...and still no new music. SO I decided that maybe it was because I haven't been LISTENING to much music lately! *gasp* Could it be so simple? It could be!

I tried to spark some creativity today by looking at pictures of the shows that Meghan Wilcox and I played...Memphis, Indianapolis, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, Chicago, Saugatuck, Grand Rapids, etc...they more made me nostalgic, and want to kick Meghan for not moving down here with me. (Love and miss you Meg-hand.) Maybe I will win that battle yet!! My plan is to get her really drunk when I fly home, and fold her up in my suitcase. What? She's small.

So now I'm not just sitting here surfing the web...I've been sitting here surfing the web AND listening to some of my favorite tunes...which you can see below (and possibly hear if you have sound on)...such as "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver, and "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead, and "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin, and everything by Ray LaMontagne, and the list goes on and on and on and on...I also took the initiative to put a banner link to my own music page at the very bottom of this blog. So you can take some time, if you like, to listen to a few of my songs that I was able to upload to MySpace...though by no means perfect.

Now...about the title of this blog...my mom annoys me more than any other person could possibly ever annoy me. HA! This really makes me laugh, because I know that she will read this...and because she too has a great sense of humor, will not be angry at me for saying that. lol. But anyway, even though she annoys me, I also love her to pieces. Tonight when I was talking to her on the phone...wait...let me start that sentence over... Tonight when my mom was talking at me on the phone (*snicker*), she said she had read my blogs and laughed at every one because of my dry sense of humor. This was after she cracked up laughing about the pictures of snails that I had put on my blog earlier today. She said "you must've been pretty bored today", and I said "yes. I really was."

Long story short. I'm funny. You should know this. And, I still have writer's block, though am trying to cure it by listening to fabulous music.

Here are a few pics of my travels/shows with Meghan...peace out.

No comments: