Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I moved in to a new apartment on Saturday...I now have twice as much space, a patio, a second bedroom (and a roomie with a kitty for the second bedroom)! I can't believe it's already been a week. Time flies.

Honestly, I can't believe that I've been down here for almost a year! I didn't anticipate that it would go by so quickly, or that I would be so happy here. I knew it was a good move at the beginning, however I didn't know how good of a move it would be for me. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends like crazy... the fact that I'm missing all of these monumental pieces in the lives of my niece & nephew feels like someone is tearing my guts out. I can handle missing my friends, I can handle missing the rest of my family, but those kids...man it's tough! Skype is about the best thing ever - this enables me to actually see and talk to them! I can see how much they've grown and changed, it's fun - nothing like actually being there, however it's the closest I can get.

It's also been nice having fellow Coopersvillians down here. Bernadette and Katy both help keep the homesickness to a minimum. :)

I'll blog more later. I'm going to try and get in to a habit of it. I'm tired now though!

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

LOL! Welcome to "our" world!

Margo Lynn Laug said...

Gigi we love your blog! Looks great!

Angelam9674 said...

Woot!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! Very funny!!