Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lettuce Lake Park

There is a county park just up the street from me, Lettuce Lake Park (Hillsborough County), and for the past year I've been wanting to check it out - but haven't. Today I finally did - and it's beautiful. I can't believe I've let a year go by without visiting it. Man! The good news is now I know and can go there weekly. Cody liked it too, and was running around like a dog of half his age...they even have doggie drinking fountains! Shanna took me around the trails, and I figured it all out. We even saw a LIVE armadillo, and huge turtle! I'm sure there were plenty of gators that saw us, however we didn't get to walk on the boardwalks by the water since Cody was with us...though he REALLY wanted to. It was about 90 degrees (humidity at 60% and "feels like 102 degrees")...mostly sunny...but shady - however the mosquitos were having a party in the shade. Cody is now sleeping on the bathroom floor. Check out my pics from our adventure! ...oh...the picture where you can see part of my car, is the only pic I could get of the armadillo (you can barely see it, in the very center of the pic). It RAN into the bushes...I didn't know they ran!!

No comments: