Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Close Encounters!

Cody and I took a walk at Lettuce Lake Park today, which has become one of our typical outings for my days off. We usually see wildlife on our walks there, since this is a Nature Preserve and all. ;) Well TODAY, we had up close and personal encounter with an armadillo!! I've seen a flash of one at the park before, but this time was different. We were walking along, minding our own business, when I heard some scuffling in the leaves!! I though - oh God, please don't let it be a gator. And as we got -cautiously - closer on the path, I was relieved, and amazed, to see that it was an armadillo! We watched that darn thing for about 5 minutes, and it kept digging for food. Cody was very good, and watched patiently without startling it. Then we finished our loop, and on our way back past - that little bugger was still there doing the same thing!! There must've been something good hiding in that leaf pile.

Oh - and just so you know, the current weather is about 70 degrees, sunny and clear.
xoxo

No comments: